LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeorge matthews   10 November 2015

Marriage allowed?

Is it allowed to marry mother's mother's (grandmother s) brother's daughter's daughter in india? She is just one year younger than me.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

hma discourages marriage within the family. she is your cousin then. special marriage act also discourages.

you can get a valid marriage in middle eastern countries. not in india.

siddhartha sinha   10 November 2015

This is legally a sapinda relation. So not allowed. But if it is prevalent in your lical customs then it is possible.

T SATYANARAYANA   10 November 2015

U must follow legal way otherwise u might trouble in future for this cause, contact to near knowing advocate

(Guest)

Its not just legally incorrect, but also medically too incorrect to marry like that. But some people would disagree and tell that there are two jaathi, one male and other female, like that one should not be pointed at for sleeping with own mother or father.  So it is for you to think, will you sleep with your own sister?  How shamefully awful it looks.

jeorge matthews   11 November 2015

Thank you so much guys to letting me know. I will end this correctly. Thank you again.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 November 2015

If you are hindu then hindu marriage act restrain it because it falls in sapinda relationship, but if such marriage is accepted in your custom then it is a valid marriage.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 November 2015

Grandmother's brothers daughter's daughter is not a sapinda relationship.Which type of marriage do U intend to have? Reaction of the elders of both the sides.My suggestion is do not go against the decision of the elders.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     13 November 2015

It is not at all barred, it does not come under sapinda relations under Hindu Marriage Act. You can marry her.

In case you want more claifications pl contact me 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register