LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinnu Xavier   29 December 2020

Marriage against parents

Hi. I'm 27 year old women . I'm in a relationship and planning to do a church wedding next month. My mother is strictly against this relationship.She sometimes behave too madly Infront of others like mental. We have hidden marriage
plan from her . Suppose if she get to know ,she will come at the marriage venue and will create a scene . I want to avoid this . Legally any help I can get on this ??


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 December 2020

Engage private security or make a formal complaint to the police and request them to be present in the marriage ceremony for protection.  She is your mother and remember this.  Mentally prepare her for such an event by suggesting in advance.  If she is too old and is having heart problems consult a doctor, and use medication to prevent high BP and heart rate a few hours before your marriage.  No legal help against mother sentiment.

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     29 December 2020

You can seek for Magistrate's intervention or police protection. Please engage an Advocate to tackle this situation.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2020

If both of you are eligible to marry, your mother can not stop, proceed with any apprehension or fear.

If you feel may approach local police before hand.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     31 December 2020

My advise would be to seek the councellin wing at the congregation and amicably settle with the help of religious elders known to you mother.You are taking the initial step for you happy life which need not become an issue with legal happy.Advance greetings.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 December 2020

The legal option is to rely the procedure under Special Marriage Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register