FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritu dey   24 December 2017


Sir my marriage is fixed. Reception hall, catering, wedding card everything is prepared. But now the groom is not willing to marry me due to some silly issues. If on the date of marriage if he doesn't marry me can I file a ' man hani' case on him. Please help


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 December 2017

Yes you can file criminal compliant against him for cheating and defamation for not keeping his promise to marry after all the marriage arrangements was done by you.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     24 December 2017

Yes you may doa case of defamation send him a notice.


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 December 2017

Manhani means defamation of individual by other person in order to malign the status or reputation of the individual in the society.
Yes, you can file criminal case for defamation before metropolitan court u/s 500 of IPC. Send a legal notice to him before filing the  case. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

is he demanding dowry?            

Archana Pandey   03 February 2022

Dear Ms. Ritu, 

You can go for defamation case along with Sec 420 cheating as well. But be advised that SC has already said if a party breaks alliance so he will pay all the expenses incurred, they will liable of this as well. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query