LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh   11 June 2017

marriage

I am santhosh my DOB -14/10/1997....... N my partner's DOB-27/02/1995....... we both wanna get married...... but the legal age is 21 for boys...... but there a prob in her home.... they are not ready.... But she is ready to come with me..... she is talking to me without any ones knowldge.....personally....... so plz suggest me wat i hv to do...

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 June 2017

Wait till you turn twenty-one and then you can marry her at the sub registrar office

Wait till you turn twenty-one and then you can marry her at the sub registrar office

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 June 2017

Wait till you've completed 21 years then you can marry her. Now you ARE UNDER AGE SO UNDER AGE MARRIAGE IS ILLEGAL.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     12 June 2017

Dear Santosh

under age marriage does not constitute any offence except offence of child marriage....once the marriage performed, its legal in the eye of law. the point is that your marriage will be absolutely legal as per Hindu Mariage Act BUT you may be punished for child marriage offence. So its better to wait to attain the age of 21. H

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2017

Yes wait till you are 21; equally, be honest to yourself to understand that marriage is a responsibility.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register