LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhomoy Das (Retail Manager)     01 October 2012

Marraige

Hi to all. I`m posting my problem after long time as the same problem creeps over again. My problem is as follows (pont by point).

1. Got married in 2009 . I stay at Kolkata. My inlaws house is at Orissa. Ours marriage was arrange marriage.

2. Before marriage my wife was working as a School teacher in a semi govt school at Orissa. Pre marriage it was discussed and decided that i want my wife to be housewife. she and her parents agreed and after marriage she told me that she had resigned from her school service at Orissa as her matrimonial house was at Kolkata. I didnt verified her resignation. Just a blind faith.

3. She stayed at her matrimonial house total for 10 months. (not continuously).

4. She got pregnant in 2010 August. Her father took her at her parents house in Orissa on the pre text that her delivery will take place at Orissa and they will take care of their daughter and bear the delivery expenses.

5. She joined back to the same semi govt school service in Orissa in pregnant condition. Her father helped her to get that job back. her salary is Rs. 18000 p.m. She didnt discuss or inform with me before joining. They are now denying the fact she will live as housewife after marriage which they have agreed to do so before marriage discussions. I wonder how can one join in the same Govt. service once resigned.

6. My father health condition deteorated and he expires in April, 2011. My wife couldnt come as she was advanced pregnance stage that time. None of any members from my wife`s parents house call up or visit us after my father expires.

7. My wife delivers a baby boy in June 2011. I visited her at Orissa. I paid 70% of the total expense. I repetedly told her to return to my house. even my mother also asked her to return to our house at Kolkata. She promised to return within 2 months.

8. She ditched me and my mother. She didnt return. She joined back to the school service after her maternity leave expired.

9. HER FATHER GAVE ME ONE CONDITION (EVEN SHE ALSO GAVE) : THAT I WILL STAY AT MY OWN HOUSE AT KOLKATA, SHE WILL STAY AT HER PARENTS HOUSE AT ORISSA WITH THE BABY. I MAY VISIT HER OCASSIONALLY AT ORISSA. AND I HAVE TO DO THE DUTY OF A HUSBAND AND A FATHER (SEND MONEY MONTHLY). SHE WILL NOT COME BACK TO KOLKATA. SHE WILL CONTINUE HER SERVICE AT ORISSA. I refused to obey that condition. I told them i will definitely be a dutiful husband and father but for that i want my wife to be back to my home at Kolkata with her son. they kept quite.

10. i started snappinp up ties with wife from Nov. 2011. But she continues to keep in touch with me by phone. at times i respond . sometime i dont . My mother didnt saw her grandson nor my relatives and neighbours.

11. In april 2012 she told me that she wanted to return at Kolkata. I asked her repeatedly that she really wants to return or just making false promises. She told me that she is serious in returning. She called up my mother after 1 yr. I visited to my inlaws house in June 2012 during my sons 1st birthday. She returned with me. She didnt resignd form the service as she told me that she got some legal dues. anyway her name will struck off from payroll when she will not visit the school for 2 months continuously without any information.

12. my father-in-law came to my house at kolkata on 18 sept 2012 on the pretext that my mother-inlaw is not keeping well. she went to orissa with her father and son and told me thats she will return soon.  But she ditched me and my mother again. she again joined back to the school and also sought admission to B.Ed courses in correspondence without discussing or informing me. Now she is at Orissa and not speaking anything regarding her return. all her belonging is here but my son belongings are not here.

13. We got two houses. one is my mother and another is mine. I built my house on my own and its not an ancestral property. Mostly we stay at my mother house. My house is kept locked mostly.

NOW WHAT SHALL I DO. I`M CONFUSED AND SHATTERED AS SHE DITCHED ME THRICE AND ALSO TO MY OLD SICK WIDOW MOTHER. SHE IS DENYING MY RIGHTS OF A FATHER. LAST YR I PLANNED TO FILE RCR / CUSTODY RIGHTS ETC. BUT DIDNT FILE. SHE ALSO DIDNT FILE ANY CASE/COMPLAINTS AGAINST ME OR MY MOTHER AT POLICE STN / COURT. BUT SHE IS DEMANDING MONEY VERBALLY. I`M READY TO PAY HER BUT I WANT HER TO STAY WITH ME. I PAID HER WHILE SHE STAYED HERE WITH ME FROM JUNE 2012 TILL SEPT 2012.   IF I WANT TO SELL OFF MY FLAT OR IF I WANT TO PUT MY FLAT ON RENT THEN SHALL I REQUIRE TO OBTAIN ANY PERMISSION FROM MY WIFE. IS THERE IS ANY LAW UNDER THAT PROVISION. THE FLAT IS SOLELY IN MY NAME. I`M PAYING THE MONTHLY MAINTENANCE AND TAXES.  CAN I DENY MY WIFE AND SON FROM INHERITING MY PROPERTY AND ASSETTS IF SHE DOESNT RETURN TO MY PLACE. CAN I TRANSFER MY PROPERTY ASETTS, CASH TO A CHARITABLE OR ORPHAN HOME UNDER DEED OF SETTLEMENT. WILL THE LAW STOP ME IN DOING SO WITHOUT OBTAINING PERMISSION FROM MY WIFE.  WHEN I `M NOT GETTING ANY SUPPORT FROM MY WIFE , I`M BEING DENIED THE LOVE AND AFFECTION OF MY SON THEN WHY SHALL I ALLOW MY WIFE TO INHERIT MY HOUSE, ASSETTS, MONEY IN MY ABSENCE.

PLEASE ADVICE.

Learning

1 Replies

498 A fighter (Advocate)     01 October 2012

Why she is doing like that?

She may feel unsecure with you that why she want to do work ? now a days even Med person are not getting a job of 10000RS she just left a job of 18000rs and she was not even Bed,

this means that she can earn and live independent,

by her act it seems she does not have love and affection towards you and your family this is dangerous.

one mistake from your side she is your wife why you allow her to live seprate for such long time?

now she is in confusion where to live with parents or with you?

slove the matter amiciabley ,try to save your home and marriage as you have son now.

now you are here this means you are planning fo rsome court cases just store the information but dont go for any leagal activity othrwise your wife will file DV case and false dowry case against you?

she is claiming maintenance and as per she have share in your  porperty so better way you produced your self as true debitor , transfer your funds flat to your father mother name i thing leagar war is going to start between you and your wife so take precaution and do home work , read how to safe your self from false 498A search in google,

preparation and how to attack start doing your home work from now

consult good and trusted lawyer better to appoint him/her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register