LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay Kumar   11 August 2015

Marksheet complications - need some help urgently

My name is Akshay Kumar, currently located in Nagpur , residing in Maharashtra from the last 14 years & need some relevant solution on the way forward on this issue.

I have completed 10th and 12th standard from CBSE in 1999 & 2001 falling under Ajmer Regional Office and was then named as “ Paritosh Kumar”.

In 2007, I had changed my name from “ Paritosh Kumar” to “Akshay Kumar” in Maharashtra & declared in the Maharashtra Gazette, along with 2 newspapers ( one local & national each – originals available ) by following the true process.

Since then, all my identities like passport, pan card, driving license, visas have been made on the new name i.e. Akshay Kumar.

In my current organization, I am working with the new name i.e. Akshay Kumar since 2007 & now I need to get the marksheets and certificates with the correct name printed on mark sheets since I have got another job offer & serving notice period currently.

Graduation mark sheets, till date, also reflect as “Paritosh Kumar” as the name change was done by my parents during graduation, hence the college said not to change the name in the interim of the course & do that later, which could never happen till date.

As a consequence, I am unable get the name changed on my graduation mark sheets too because as per college/university, until the correct name reflects on the HSC & SSC mark sheets, they are unable to consider the application.

I agree that the timelines have already passed & I am very late to come up with this issue to get addressed but since we have been out of state for so long, we never knew that the processes are changing and getting stricter to make the name changes happen. Part of the problem was there was no issue in getting hired in the current company also since they dint really question about that aspect, that’s how its been in the grave for 8+ years & now cropping up suddenly.

Today, I have no way to feel secure in a job because my marksheets have different name & my new name is reflecting everywhere including all personal details like passport, pan card , work experience, house loan etc.

It’s like living with dual identities which is very dangerous & promises lifelong hardships.

Today, CBSE says nothing can happen after 15 years ( I don’t disagree but can’t sacrifice my future because of the lack of vision of potential issues )

PS –I know I have woken up late but this needs to be solved..Pls advise if you may , with a solution oriented message with possibilities. Appreciate your reverts in advance.

Thank You.

 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query