Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak   28 March 2017

Marks required for llb

Respected members,

I have completed my graduation in the year 2012. However, my percentage is less than 45%. As per the rule of bar council, 45% in graduation is required to practice law or to take admission for law degree. Are there any other courses which are considered equal to graduation which I can complete in order to be eligible for LLB degree?

Is it advisable to go for one sitting graduation degree? Is it recognized by Bar Counsil? As I have passed the age limit, I cannot go for 5 year LLB degree. 

Please advise what will be the best option for me to get an LLB degree and practice law.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Hello,

I think I can provide you a way out.  By the way which degree did you complete?  Can you tell?

narayan   30 March 2017

Dear Mr.Deepak, Bar Councils in different regions have different Stipulations. Any UGC recognised degree is ok. Just pass too is Ok in some Bar Councils. The attempts of the Bar Council of India to impose age restrictions for LLB Courses were recently struck down by the Supreme Court. You please give a request letter to the chief of your regional Bar council n I am sure it would be considered favourably. When Mr.Ram Jetmalani passed his Law Course, he was just 17: But the Bar Council stipulates a minimum of 21 yrs to practice Law. Mr.Jethmalani challenged the Bar Council rules n gave a request letter to permit him to practice at 17. Permission was GRANTED.......!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register