LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja Singh   30 March 2019

Marital status

I want to know that when i apply for any govt job.then is it necessary to show my marital status in the form..
I m living separated from my husband from last 7 months .... my marriage has completed only 11 months... I want to live
in my mother and father 's house..
he also don't want to live with me..what status should i have to use in govt jobs...


 6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 March 2019

You have not divorced.  so fill in the form as Married against the marital column.  

Rashi Chandok   30 March 2019

Hello Ma'am,

In my view, right now you have to show yourself as a married woman and in case you don't want to live with your husband you can file a divorce under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act. It is important to understand that till the time you don't get legally separated from him you will be called his wife.

Pooja Singh   31 March 2019

Mam thanks so much

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 April 2019

If the Government form has a question Are you married, you have to mention Yes. Government may require your marital status only which needs to be answered correctly. Sometimes, the column shall have options for separated, divorced, etc. If that is the case, you can select Separated.

surinder mittal   02 April 2019

in govt job (if selected), the name of spouse remains in official record for disbursement of all service related claims. so, the marital status is asked for.

Now, since u r married but not seperated nor divorced, so the marirltal status will be Married.

Once, you got selected for the post -- you need to fill up the personal details very carefully at that time as that Appointment details will becomes a part of your service book and if you want to alter the records, you need to apply for Gazetted Notification (which is really a tough job to get).

surinder Mittal @ 9417583939

498 A fighter (Advocate)     06 April 2019

better solve the matrimonial problem first, even if you get the job then also you will be disturb.

agar kisi tarah bhi apke ya pati ke samjhane bujhane se marrige save ho sakti hai to save kariye. better go to counceller if any type of ego , or same other problem arise.

do alll and every effort to save marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register