Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (TL)     01 January 2014

Manual name correction in flat agreement

Dear Sir,

I have bought a flat in Pune under Apartment formation. The possession is in Sep 14.

My name is "VENKAT RAMAN SONNATI" While registering my flat agreement it was mentioned as "VENKATRAMAN SONNATI"(Space between VENKAT and RAMAN is missing). Advocate has asked me to cross the incorrect name and correct the name with Pen in all the places (4 times) in the agreement.Beside the correction, my self and my wife have signed. However, GPA from builder has not signed.

Index2 is showing the correct name in Marathi.

When I contacted an advocate, I was asked to register a rectification deed since Vendor's signature beside the manual correction is missing.

As per the Builder's advocate- there is no need to register a rectification deed as Apartment deed which will be registered in Sep 14 (at the time of giving possession|) will have correct name which is the final document showing my ownership.

Please advise if rectification deed need to be done.

Thanks a lot

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     02 January 2014

yes it has to be done as of now to avoid future unpleasantness.

Subash M R (Advocate)     02 January 2014

What the Builder's advocate said is correct.After all omission of space between first name and second name may not be considered as a major error.

Thanking you,

M.R.SUBASH,Advocate. 

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     03 January 2014

Do not change the name by hand, for absolute correctness you can only do it through rectification deed that too registered one. Else let it remain same it won't make much of a difference. 

Venkat (TL)     07 January 2014

Hi Sir,

The name has been corrected with pen in the agreement for sale before registration. My self and my wife have made signatures beside the correction.

Index2 is showing our names properly in Marathi.

My questions are :

1.Since Vendor has not made signatures beside the manual correction, is it fine?

2. Since this is apartment formation and not society formation - Deed of apartment will be registered before possession with correct name. So, is it required to make a rectification deed to agreement for sale now or not required ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Venkat

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register