LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep (pvt service)     08 January 2017

Mandatory to appear in first date?

is it mandatory to appear on the first date after receiving the summon of divorce?

i will not be able to attend the first date, and file vakalatnama through my lawyer too as the place is in other state

can i file vakalatnama on the second date and appear on the second date

Learning

4 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     08 January 2017

If neither you nor your lawyer appears on first date, judge may or may not impose penalty on you.

If you are in another state, don't worry even if judge impose penalty it will be less than your travelling cost so don't worry!! For futher proceedings appoint a lawyer no need to appear on every hearing.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     08 January 2017

Yes you need to appear before the court of law as per summon given.

You can make request to court for inconvience of appearing on the same date as summon given to you.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my lci profile?

Need Legal Help (Finance consultant)     29 April 2017

During first appearance you have to go for counselling only so don't panic. 

Ganesh Nair (Employed)     29 April 2017

Dear Advocate Bharat,

do not misunderstand me. There are many lawyers and others equally great who post or answer without expecting anything in return. Of course there are many who request for likes. Likes or otherwise, if your answers are good and impartial everyone will like it and remember  the author too. I don't think likes are anyway going to contribute to your business. I request you to write good answers and not ask for likes by highlighting. This really undermines the status of the forum along with the like seekers status. Let us not try to get back something even in charity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register