Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhi (student)     24 June 2013

Making a gift deed

Hi there

My grandfather wishes to transfer  our family house ownership to me through a gift deed .The house is not  a ancenstral property. It was build by my grandfather in 1970.

So will u please tell me formats and legal procedure that will took place in making a gift deed....

please reply

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     24 June 2013

Consult a local lawyer and get it drafted and register it at the sub registrar's office.

abhi (student)     24 June 2013

thank you Adv.Archana 

can u please tell me about stamp duty and registration charges ??

the house is in Wada, thane district ,Maharashtra

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 June 2013

In Maharasthra, different slabs are applicable depending on the city/district. Hence precise details of the Flat is required for determination of the stamp duty. 

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     24 June 2013

i agreed too

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     24 June 2013

@ abhi,

It will be better if you consult a local lawyer in this regard bcoz it would depend upon in which the area the property is exactly situated i.e is it an  area within the limits of municipal corporation or rural and also there are sub catagories in each and the stamp duty differs from slight variation in info.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     24 June 2013

Nothing left for further addition

Manjunath Kalmath (Consultant)     25 June 2013

Hi

Appreciate any pointer to resolve this issue. My father has a plot of 40x42 Sq ft and in that built up area is 25x22 Sq ft. He is living there since 30 years and the plot was from ancestors does not have any documents. My father did not know actual size of the plot and he is paying property tax to 30x40 sq ft but we have compund wall built for 40x42 Sqft in one karnataka municipality.

3 years back he transferred property through gift deed and my bad i also did not measure the total plot size. It is now recorded as 30x40 sq ft in all the municipality records.

we went to municipality and requested revenue officer to change it but he denied it. Is there any way we can rectify this ?

Thank you

Manjunath

UDAYAGIRI MALLIKHARJUNA RAO (ADVOCATE)     26 June 2013

abhi, You can approach the local advocate or in the registration office.

if you donot have the time to go to registration office. You had one more chace with the RTI act (Rifht to information act) .

if it is also not possible , before of the every registration the document writers also give the guidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register