LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biswa (Director)     09 March 2013

Maintenance with divorce


When we give lumpsum maintenance to girl, after divorce under section 13B  (mutal concent), when can she remary ?. Reason is this as my wife is demanding alumini for divorce under 13B a huge amount. So as she can remary someone else. She did not even stay with me for more than 7 days after marriage and we did not have any conjugal life after marriage also. The divorce laws are made to help women but now a days women are misusing the power.



 7 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     09 March 2013

After 3months of second motion.

1 Like

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     09 March 2013

ys after 90 days of the order pssed on consent 

Biswa (Director)     09 March 2013

What can be done to teach them a lesson...? For this kind of families and specialies girls who have made marriage a source of income.. With out hampering our time.

Ranee....... (NA)     10 March 2013

Dont agree for mutual divorce with huge alimony..fight contested divorce filed on dessertion and non consumation..for dessertion two years separation needed.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     10 March 2013

What you can do here is to disagree to her exhorbitant demands and fight it out...





kavita (executive)     10 March 2013

After how many days of seperation can one file for divorce

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     10 March 2013

After 2 years. Applicant has to prove that other spouse left without any reasonable cause and was not interested to return back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query