Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Maintenance under 125

case under section 125 is for judgment;

My wife has recieved Interime maintenance of Rs 500/- pm from date of submission of the application from 2008 till date, & I have regularly been paying that amount & she has accepted it.

Mt Question:-

If an final maintenance order is passed saying maintenance of amount Rs 1000/- pm is to be paid to the wife, then from what date this final maintenance should be paid, is it from the date of this judgement or from the date of application (difference in amount).

with regards

Sagar

Learning

4 Replies

Sonia Saini (advocate)     12 February 2011

from the date of judgment 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 February 2011

@ Author

Now-a-days the propriety is that it could be from either date and just an Application of mind is more than enough to speak as in concerned courts final Judgment.

Looking at the presented brief it shows good ‘conduct’ of both spouse as in there is no hint from you that wife has subsequently filed and or orally adduced before Bench that she is entitled for a higher amount and nor you have defaulted with the interim award till date.

Reverting to your main worry I say what the Court may mention as operating part will also give its ‘reasoning’ if it is awarded from date of her application. Whereas same also stands as good judicial practice if the award is given from the date of Judgment i.e. ‘reasoning’ will be mentioned.

Hence, in sum the question is quite apprehensive but tricky to pre-judge without knowing the ‘reasoning’ as in given by concerned Court for either date effective award to be with and or from. You have to just wait to hear the same.

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 February 2011

What is in the Judgment?

from the date of judgment or from the date of application?

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     13 February 2011

It is depend on the court judgment but usessly court order from the date of application. There are so many rulling of the sc that the maintains should be from the date of application we can insist the court to order from the date of application.

Adv Kasrija

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register