LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KIRAN_DASS (Retired)     21 July 2011

Maintenance u/s 125 CrPC

The Maintenance application filed along with divorce suit has not come up for hearing due procedural botltenecks. I need money for my survival. I have been advised to file Maintenance application u/s 125 CrPC.

My question whether this will help me in getting quick help from the court?

 1 Replies

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     21 July 2011

1.I don't think there is no bar in filing an application for interim maintainace till the disposal of your divorce OP . 2.Or you may file an application U/s 125 and file application for interim maitainace along with the petition.

3.Another option is to approach the Magistrate court with a petition under the provisions of Domestic Violence Act  and there also provision for  interim maintainace.Please consult with your lawyer all these possibilities.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query