LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     02 April 2024

Maintenance of a minor child

Which is the appropriate forum for filing application u/s 20 of the Hindu adoption and maintenance act for maintenance of a minor child (In a district where there is no family court)?  Should I file at the Court of the District Judge or at the subdivisional court of Civil Judge - Senior Division? Is it a suit or misc application?.
The views of the learned members would be helpful for me.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2024

If there is no family court available within the jurisdiction then the maintenance case can be filed in the sub ordinate judge's court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register