Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar (profession)     08 April 2014

Maintenance for working wife

Hi All,

We got married 3 years ago and were together for one month and she has left me and staying with her parents. We do not have any kids.

Before to marriage and till now she was working and more qualified than me.

She lodged 498A and DVC case against me and my parents. because of these cases and frequent visits to court , I lost my private company job. My ill parents are dependent on me.

Here are my questions :

1. Do i need to pay her the maintenance / alimony ?

2. In case if i am not able to get a decent job for my maintenance , Can i ask for maintenance from her ?

3. 498A case verdict is going to be in my favour with all materialistic evidences, In this regard if i file divorce now or after the verdict do i need to pay any alimony / maintenance ?

4. After court divorce and alimony decree , if i go for abroad job . Can she file revision petition for more alimony ?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

harish (manager)     08 April 2014

If she is working , and earning more than you then no maintenance, get the salary slip and itr 2- as per law husband can also claim maintenanece but court doesnt favour and grant it , as purush is not abhla , until n unless he is bed ridden , so hard luck (lol , d same is wid me) 3-alimony doesnt depend whether u win or loose d case , acc to hindu law a husband is chu who has to pay alimony whatever so happens, its his duty to make appropriate measures for his wife survival but d amount depends on loosing or winning d case and many more criterias 4- no she wont be able to do anything after divorce ,if its mutual (get d mou signed) if its contested den yes she can and can drag d case till 20 yrs , so enjy and no worries
1 Like

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     08 April 2014

Husband had no right to get any maintenance from wife.

Even after divorces husband has to pay maintenance .

So fight the case now properly instead of crying later.

1 Like

Vijay Kumar (profession)     11 April 2014

Thank you all for valuable inputs.

notit4tat (SoftwareEngineer)     13 April 2014

Sir, i just wan to know that whether law says husband will not get any maintainance if wife's salary is more than husbands or husband is not working?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register