Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Susanna Ramoorthy (HR Generalist)     24 September 2012

Maintenance for the kid

Dear learned forum Members

A doubt arises in me, during the divorce procedure, am about to ile for aintenance for my minor child 2 yr. My husband is jobless, hez just 12 pass with a failed dgree (didnt complete). am a PG and currently employed. my hus has properties...so in this current situation i.e he being jobless howz he going to pay maintenance for the kid?? as todate he hasnt contributed even a single penny for the child or for me, mine i dnt mind as i am nt eligible to get maintenance., plz am seeking your advices!! what will be happening in this case??

Learning

5 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     24 September 2012

Originally posted by : Susanna Ramoorthy

Dear learned forum Members

A doubt arises in me, during the divorce procedure, am about to ile for aintenance for my minor child 2 yr. My husband is jobless, hez just 12 pass with a failed dgree (didnt complete). am a PG and currently employed.

There should be no doubt in your mind you seem to be thinking a lot nowdays unnecessarily .Your husband would have to pay maintanence for your child at any cost even though you say he is jobless. The court would consider means and needs of the child and accordingly come through a conclusion to XXXX amount . As a matter of fact it is co-extensive and both of you would have to contribute for the child as you too are working .

my hus has properties...so in this current situation i.e he being jobless howz he going to pay maintenance for the kid?? as todate he hasnt contributed even a single penny for the child or for me, mine i dnt mind as i am nt eligible to get maintenance., plz am seeking your advices!! what will be happening in this case??

Once an order is passed through the court and he is not paying the maintanence to you than it would be contempt of court .As you say he has assests than these assets would be attached by the court. 

So be happy and dont worry ??

Saayujyaa S (Engineer)     24 September 2012

Here i see 2 points...

1. If your worry is really to make sure that your husband is responsible for your kid growth and he need  to show some care on kid......then its okay...you make him to understand and also share your inability  to nurture the baby all alone.. 

2. If you are not cared of taking maintenace from him in monthly basis, but your aim is his properties the equation totally different. Dont try  to take his properties , all of sudden if he take U turn and if he say, i want  to rejoin with my wife then you have  to face big problem.

Make it very clear and simple, 

1. if you want divorse tel him that we cant live togetehr anymore and apply mutual consent and get setteled the way you want. 

2. If you want  to get his properties throught this divorse process....its seems easy but its depends on his appeal in the court....you may be edn up with frustarrtion.... 

stanley (Freedom)     24 September 2012

Originally posted by : Saayujyaa S

. If you want  to get his properties throught this divorse process....its seems easy but its depends on his appeal in the court....you may be edn up with frustarrtion.... 

How can properties be got in divorce process 

Thank u Stanley sir,

Thank God atleast my hus will be forced to pay the Maintenance!! 

The real Fact is i wanted a divorce , but he applied for it prior to me,

Hez a toy in the hands of his parents, his parents brainwashed him as i ahvnt given them the dowry they expected from me...thats y they made him sign the divorce petition. 

i really want him to understand the meaning of a taking care of a child, as hez an irresponsible  guy, who is 31 now, and do u believe , he has just a 4 month work experience, overall hez not interested to do a job too.....

1 more thing i have to clarify: during my first counselling session, the counsellor just heard both sides, she dint show any interest in patching us up as the sounsellor just heard the stories but dint give any opinion or advise from the counsellor's side, it was around 40 mints, then she just refer to a psychiatrist as my hus alleged he tried to commit suicide many times( though he didnt attempt, he said this to impress the counsellor) Is this what is called counselling....????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register