Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintenance for Husband orders Supreme Court

Page no : 2

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     31 January 2010

How many husbands are there in numbers, who needed maintenance from their wives & the court refused.

members, please mention the cases you know.

(Guest)

S U P R E M E C O U R T O F I N D I A
RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS

TRANSFER PETITION (CIVIL) NO.1268 OF 2009
(For Prel. Hearing)

INES MIRANDA Petitioner(s)

VERSUS

SANTOSH K SWAMY Respondent(s)

(With appln(s) for ex-parte stay)

Date: 14/12/2009 This Petition was called on for hearing today.

CORAM :
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE DALVEER BHANDARI
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE A.K. PATNAIK

For Petitioner(s) Mr. S. Gurukrishna Kumar,Adv.
Mr. S.R. Setia,Adv.

For Respondent(s)

UPON hearing counsel the Court made the following

O R D E R

The petitioner is seeking transfer of the case from Chennai to Bangalore. Her contention is that it is inconvenient for her to look after the case at Chennai because she is working in Bangalore and has a small child. Learned counsel appearing on behalf of the petitioner submits that it would not be inconvenient for the respondent-husband to prosecute the case in Bangalore as he is unemployed.

The petitioner is directed to pay Rupees ten thousand as travelling expenses to the respondent since he is unemployed. Upon deposit of this amount, notice would be issued and the proceeding before the Trial Court shall be stayed.

[ Alka Dudeja ] [ Neeru Bala Vij ]
Court Master Court Master

2 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     26 August 2010

I am amused! I remember not long back Sivani was pulled up for posting a news clip on supreme or high court judgement which said maintenance should be based on the family income. She was pulled up because she did not send citation. Members can visit the that particular thread, where she was almost ridiculed for posting an equally important information. I am really amused and not disgusted to see how similar postings are responded very differently by some of the members!! As Mr. Prabhakar has explained it is not maintenance but a one time payment. 

And someone said he is disgusted on those who walk out when the husband does not have a job--well what about all those cases where in poverty husband depended on his wife and as soon as husband climbed up the ladder, he walked out on wife? 

RG

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 August 2010

@ renuka ji,

please note that the thread started on 30 th dec. last posted 30 th jan . thereafter 26 th aug.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 August 2010

it discussed in diffrent threads also.

(Guest)

@ RG,

Such asked cases are unknown, may be you can create a precedent.

(Guest)

there is another sc  judgement where wife employed ( rearing 4 kids) @10000 pm husband showed unemployment and disability was given 500 pm as maintenance

Krishna (Retired)     14 January 2015

Dear All,

I have a question to very one in this Fourm.

My daughter got married my seeing a profile in one of the matrimony site the guy profile say B.E and Working for a software company. The wedding was fixed in August within one month of the marriage.We came to know  My son-in-Law had lost his job in july last week. It was not communicated to US.

My Daughter kept referring his profile to different companies it is bee 1.5yrs he is still jobless and not even ready to attended any interview. nor take up new course to upgrade knowledge. Now we came to know that it was planned and they cheated us. as she is my only child. Now he is asking for money.

Please let me know why my daughter should give maintenance to these cheap people.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register