FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash (DOCTOR)     10 November 2013

Maintenance for husband

i have filed rcr as my wife has problem with my family and left the house for last 7 months. now in reply she is asking for divorce. and asking for 50 lakh rupees as a false allegation of dowry exchange..i belong to a poor family. i have just compleated my studies in medicine..my wife is only daughter to her parents who are themselve  renowned doctor..my wife is also a doctor(gynecologist) ..

pls let me know what i should do??? judge is asking me to go for divorce...but i can  not arrange this much of money..

i don,t have any future plans for remarriage...my in laws also saying that they have already seen boys to remarry her daughter asap.....in that case can i preessurize them by not agreeing for divorce...kindly give the advice......thanks..


 8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 November 2013

If your wife is ready for second marriage, let her go.  She is highly qualified, you deny to pay the maintenance.  You take the benefit of highly qualified .

Ashimta Lekhi Malhotra (Independent Lawyer)     10 November 2013

You must have engaged a lawyer. Consult your query with him. If he does not respond to your query then change him and appoint another lawyer in his place.

fighting for my brother (HR)     10 November 2013

Mam lekhi,  here people come for second opinion nonot for suggestion to change lawyer

Ashimta Lekhi Malhotra (Independent Lawyer)     10 November 2013

Second opinion should be taken from a lawyer by consulting the matter with him in his law chamber and after paying his legal fees, and not on a legal website in this manner. 

Even otherwise, those who think they can solve their legal query by asking a question on a website, are undoubtedly under a great misconception.

rahul (director)     10 November 2013

if she is desparate for remarry.. then use her weakness.. she will not wait for money to spoil her life.. she will go for remarry.. 

so,, no need to pay 50 lac.... she will come to 5-7 lac.. don't worry.. 

just maintain your stand that you don't want divorce,. then see tamaha,,


Don't agree for divorce until and unless she pays One Crore towards defamation/alimony and other damages.

As per current laws it will take her 10 years to win a contested divorce if you are ready to fight till Supreme Court.

Record the threats she or her father gives.

File Tax evasion against father immediately if they mention giving huge dowry.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 November 2013

Seeking huge amount towards maintenance in the name of exchange of dowry paid will not be maintainable.  She is a medical practitioner and is capable or may be earning a good income hence she loses chance to claim maintenance, in your divorce petition you can claim maintenance quoting  a lower income of yours  while compared to that of hers.  If she wants to hastily dissolve her marriage with you for the sake of marrying another person, give her the divorce but without agreeing to any condition that she may impose on the subject..

2 Like

fighting for my brother (HR)     11 November 2013

its looks like that mam lekhi is not getting cases so she is here to discourage people..

we really dont need people to comment if they need money for evrything.. i guess you charge your friends.. and parents..also..

its a site for free legal advise.. remind you.. here people help without monetry benefits.. so please get of from here if you have come here for your nonsence comments.

@ prakash and other legal experts.. but her replys are annoying to anybody.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query