Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sini Sivadas   10 July 2020

Maintenance for a girl child

Hi, I havevavqueryvregarding maintenance for my 9 year old girl child In my divorce decree its mentioned as "permanent custodian" Is mother, does that mean I can't file a maintenance case against my ex husband. Moroever he has not contributed anything in terms of money or property to his child, now 9 YEARS. Please, experts throw me some light regadimg this issue, so that I can proceed further.

 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   10 July 2020

File maintenance under section 125 crpc including both mother and daughter.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 July 2020


You can file maintenance case u/s. 125 of cr. p.c. on behalf of your daughter and yourself in court. If you are earning independently in that case you can file case for your daughter.  

1 Like

Sunayana Chhabra   10 July 2020

The daughter will be given maintenance and if you have not remarried, you are also entitled for maintenance. Feel free to contact at for further assistance.
1 Like



It is the collective duty of both of you to maintain your child. Despite the fact, that custody is with you, a father’s duty does not diminish towards his children in their minority. Maintenance can be claimed under CrPC or HAMA. The later has advantage over the former as father’s duty towards a daughter extends to maintain her till she is unmarried (not just minority) and who is unable to maintain herself from her earnings and other property.   


Abhishek Tiwari  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query