LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sini Sivadas   10 July 2020

Maintenance for a girl child

Hi, I havevavqueryvregarding maintenance for my 9 year old girl child In my divorce decree its mentioned as "permanent custodian" Is mother, does that mean I can't file a maintenance case against my ex husband. Moroever he has not contributed anything in terms of money or property to his child, now 9 YEARS. Please, experts throw me some light regadimg this issue, so that I can proceed further.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   10 July 2020

File maintenance under section 125 crpc including both mother and daughter.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 July 2020

Hello,

You can file maintenance case u/s. 125 of cr. p.c. on behalf of your daughter and yourself in court. If you are earning independently in that case you can file case for your daughter.  

1 Like

Sunayana Chhabra   10 July 2020

The daughter will be given maintenance and if you have not remarried, you are also entitled for maintenance. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.
1 Like

(Guest)

Mam,

It is the collective duty of both of you to maintain your child. Despite the fact, that custody is with you, a father’s duty does not diminish towards his children in their minority. Maintenance can be claimed under CrPC or HAMA. The later has advantage over the former as father’s duty towards a daughter extends to maintain her till she is unmarried (not just minority) and who is unable to maintain herself from her earnings and other property.   

Regards,

Abhishek Tiwari  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register