LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narendra (Consultant)     26 August 2013

Maintenance charges by society

My building went for re-development.  After it was completed , the builder offered an extra room by paying an amount (the original area was given free)..

The original area was 1 BHK & was on my father's name. The new area is a single room which I purchased on My name ( because we neeeded a loan from bank and my father is retired , I had to purchase on my name to get loan).

The two areas are connected , but have a seperate Registration.

The society has decided to divide all maintenance charges equally among all members irrespective of Area  (majority opinion).  What happens is , we have to pay DOUBLE maintenance , even though the second "flat" is just a single room. Its maintenance is equal to the 1 BHK and other 2BHK flats in the society.,

The society has agreed that if there is any relief that can be given to us legally (father and son or connected flats) , they will give it.

Is there anything that we can do here? Thanks a lot for help

Learning

2 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     28 August 2013

water charges , security charges ,society electricity chargers etc. r calculated n then divided into no. of flat .

only property tax must be collected as per area of the flat.

Veerendra   02 July 2015

what about the amount collected for repairs. Is it based on the area of the flat or is it to be paid equally by all members irrespective of the area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register