Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Kapoor ( )     13 January 2014

Maintenance case transfer

Hi Sir,

I work in USA and have applied for divorce in Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).The opposite party has filed maintenance in Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh).

Since I work abroad, can a husband file for transfer of case from Vijaywada to Hyderabad.If  yes, on what merits is the case decided.

Kind Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     13 January 2014

As per as my knowledge a husband can't file transfer petition though the wife can file transfer petition in supreme court which is generally allowed but in case of husband it is generally disallowed except in exceptional cases. The conveniance of wife is the main consideration of SC.

As per as my knowledge a husband can't file transfer petition though the wife can file transfer petition in supreme court which is generally allowed but in case of husband it is generally disallowed except in exceptional cases. The conveniance of wife is the main consideration of SC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register