LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Sehgal   07 January 2018

Maintenance case - bank account statement

Hi, To proof my salary, my wife submitted my bank account statement in court but that account i have opened after i got separated from her. Court did not ask from where she got it. Now can I come to know that from where she received the statement, who fetched this account statement from bank or can I file any case on bank. Does bank has activity logs. Please assist.  


 6 Replies

Kumar...... (occupation )     07 January 2018

does the bank statement have bank seal on it ? if not she might have got it from your residential address to which the bank statement might have come. if not file a cheating case on the bank. banks maintain logs of whose account was accessed from which branch. 

Amit Sehgal   07 January 2018

There is no seal of bank. But also bank does not send any statement to my address, I have not opted for that service.

Kumar...... (occupation )     07 January 2018

take a certified copy of the bank statement your wife produced as evidence and lodge a case on the bank.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     07 January 2018

Bank statement must have been procured from the online bank website by entering your customer ID and Password. How that possible? By hacking your bank account. By whom? Official hacker engaged by your wife who operates as detective agent. How I know it? One of my female client did this and got IT records of her husband using the services of one such person. Did I use it like the lawyer of your wife? No, I summoned the IT records from IT department, as I'm not a fool involving my client in trouble for hacking official account. Hope you got answer.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 January 2018

This is a duplicate post, and replies are being given in both the posts.  First make a written complaint.  For every transaction, bank can found from ID No, the name of he employee, the name of the branch and time at which the statement was issued.   CCTV footage of that bank at that time can also give clues on who approached and physically taken.   Mostly subordinate staff do these practice for some favours.   Let the bank investigate on your complaint, as maintaining secrecy of customer's account is statutory obligation of the bank, and a serious violation of banking. If they fail to respond to your legal notice, after one month file a complaint in District Consumer forum for deficiency of service and claim compensation.

1 Like

Amit Sehgal   07 January 2018

Thanks all, it resolved my query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register