Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sambhavi sekhar (Md)     18 July 2014

Maintenance and property sahre

Sir,

I am sujita. In 1981 I wedded with bank employ I blessed with a girl child on 1987 at that time he eloped with my younger sister .They blessed with girl child in 1991.They are residing in Bangalore he left me in my mother’s home since 1987.Resently he was retired in feb 2014.He earn lot off properties which are unknown to us. After his retirement he declared that me and my daughter has no Wright on his property.  Before eloped with my sister my name is entered in SR. After retirement I have written A Right Information Act. But I got a letter from bank denoting that the information regarding my husband is not given to the third person. Kindly let me know my rights on my husband’s property.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 July 2014

Have you applied for divorce or not ? if so,Marriage laws will now become more women friendly with the government today approving a slew of measures including providing for sufficient compensation for the wife and children from husband's immovable property in case of a divorce.It has also been proposed to empower the courts to decide the compensation amount from the husband's inherited and inheritable property for the wife and children once the marriage legally ends. A new section 13 (f) has been added to this effect.

DV Act Buster (CEO)     18 July 2014

Mr Ramachary, can you post more details about sec 13 F which the government has approved today (18/7/2014) ??. Is this the new HMA Amendment bill which was pending in the lok sabha as it had already lapsed ??

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 July 2014

Dear,

Since you were the first legally wife and a daughter has been born during the wedlock, you and your daughter being first class heir will get their respective shares, immediately file the suit demanding you property and file an FIR against your husband u/s 494/495 if he has married your sister. I am afraid to see that why were you kept mum since such a long period. 

Advocate Kapil Chandna

swati (hhhhhh)     03 August 2014

https://www.prsindia.org/uploads/media/Marriage%20Laws/Marriage%20Laws%20Bill%20as%20passed%20by%20RS.pdf

Details under Sec 13F(1)

It is passed by Rajya Sabha but current status shows LAPSED....  

https://www.prsindia.org/billtrack/the-marriage-laws-amendment-bill-2010-1227/

So are the courts passing judgements yet based on this section? 

Originally posted by : DV Act Buster
Mr Ramachary, can you post more details about sec 13 F which the government has approved today (18/7/2014) ??. Is this the new HMA Amendment bill which was pending in the lok sabha as it had already lapsed ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register