LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Oravi   22 May 2017

Maintenance and charges

Hello, I'm living abroad for several years. I'm married! 2 years before, i have been to india for the vacation, i had an affair with a girl eventhough she knows very well that i'm married. She has contacted me and told me that i'm the father of her female child. She is not working any more due to some health problem. She wants to leave the child in an orphan house. After discussion, In the birth certificate, she had put my name as Father of the child and if i want, I have to come to India and recognize the child before the authorities. She wants that I have to take the child abroad with me. Now my wife knows the current situation and all my family and my wife's family know everything now. Can i get a passport for the child? What must i do? please advice!!

Learning

1 Replies

srishti jain   22 July 2021

As per your query, applicants who are under 18 years of age are deemed minors with respect to passport issuance in India. The parent or the guardian can apply for a minor's passport. In other words, either the legal guardian or the parent ought to give his or her consent for the issuance of a minor's passport. To apply for a minor's passport, you need to follow this process:

• Register the minor on the Passport Seva Website.
  • Create a login ID and password.
  • Enter the account and fill in the application form.
  • Once you have submitted the application form successfully, you can make the payment.

The documents that need to be submitted by children who are under 18 years of age for availing a fresh passport are

• Proof of present address
  • Proof of date of birth
  • Declaration of one parent or guardian for minor passport
  • Declaration of parent or guardian for minor passport

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Srishti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register