LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narasimharao1234   09 January 2022


It was second marriage for me, I have taken divorce through court. My second wife said that I am divorced. But not showed any document or decree while the time of marriage. 
After few days issues raised between us. I have applied divorce , it was on conciliation phase. She applied for maintnance for her and my son (one year old). I came to know she has only marriage dissolution agreement on Rs 100 stamp papers. Then I have withdrawal my marriage petition and filled petition for null and void with evidence of rs 100 xerox stamp papers. 
Can you please let me know, I have to give maintenance to both her and my son. (Also filled Rs 100 xerox stamp papers on maintenance case counter.)


 4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 January 2022

No.your so called second wife is not entitled to get maintenance from you .Since she solemnized second marriage with you during subsistence of first marriage and without getting divorce legally so she is not entitled to get maintenance from you however son is entitled to get maintenance from you.

Shashi Dhara   09 January 2022

You have to show that she has not legally divorced ,if u fails u have to pay maintenance to both ,so collect evidence to prove in court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 January 2022

You may, first of all, take steps for filing a criminal case for bigamy against her.

Narasimharao1234   11 January 2022

Yes , I have filled that case 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query