Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (HR Manager)     13 October 2014


Our marriage is heading towards Divorce due multiple disputes between two families....  Expenses of whole marriage happend by us.... they didn't spend single penny out of their pocket... We feel like we have been cheated.....

She is post graduate and worked before......

I take care of my kid. But I do not want to pay any money to my wife(interim/ Alimony). what happens if i refuse to pay any money even after court orders to do so ?


 5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     13 October 2014

If the court orders you to pay maintainance but still do not pay then, your property can be attached or you can be sent to jail by your wife.

madhu (HR Manager)     13 October 2014

In Moderen era , Both gender having same degree can earn as equal as their better half... Marriage is a trap by some girls... My wife is one of them... She and her family is money minded. Already we spent lakhs in marriage...


She is selfish... Lazy.... Arrogant..... Heartless girl... Doesn't care about others sufferings.....


We do not want to pay any more.. She can work like me and stand on her feet.......


I do not have any assets on my name . Can she claim my dad's property ?

If i am jailed how long will it be ?

abcd wxyz (Programmer)     13 October 2014

Respected Archana ma'am,

Please reply on this thread I am facing similar case....

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     14 October 2014

If the court orders maintainance, the appropriate remedy is to challange the said order instead of defaulting the payments and thereby attracting coercing actions. Your wife cannot claim your father's property, however, she can claim the maintainance from your property or salary. In case of S. 125 crpc maintainace, law provides imprisonment upto one month everytime for making default in payment.

madhu (HR Manager)     14 October 2014

Laws are very old... That has to be updated.... Now-a-days all can work based on their qualification....Why always men suffer... Whatever men ask girls to do , they are being asked to do so at their workplace......


If they can ask for maintenance(responsibility) they have to obey their husband's words.... this happens for men at their workplace Money for work/attitute...

Can i claim the marriage expenses we made and ornaments we gave her ? Money is money.then why boys family expenditure is not taken into account when comes to divorce ?

Any FIR(Refusing to pay) will hamper my job in india nad abroad job oppurtunities....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query