Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manojj biniwalle (advocate)     12 October 2009

maintanance to wife earning Rs 15,000/- p.m.

A wife who is earning 15,000/- p.m. from job , can she

claim for maintanance?

Learning

8 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 October 2009

Manoj ji, according to s.125 CrPC, a wife can claim maintenance from her hubby except fr certain reasons. But while granting, courts consider many things like salary of both of them, their lifestyle earlier to the claim, cusdody of kids etc. At any moment courts can increase or decrease the maintenance amount depending on the changed circumstances.

So, a wife whether she is earning or not, can claim maintenance.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     12 October 2009

Can husband claim maintenance... if he is earning 15000 and wife is earning 25000

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 October 2009

Vikas, interesting question, I think. :)

Well if the husband is not able to maintain himself as heis not having any income, he is eligible for maintenance from wife. But i dont think otherwise he can claim maintenance from his wife. Indian Law always favours women. :)

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     12 October 2009

If law favors someone on same grounds and situations,, then it is not law.. according to definition of Law :)   Am I right??

Jamshed Bey (Lawyer & Legal Consultant +91 9810136627)     14 October 2009

Wife's entitlement for maintenandce is inversely proportional to her own income. Higher she earns (in comparison to her husband) lesser will be the amount of maintenance. Shuffle thru Delhi High Court's recent judgment you are bound to come to such a judgment.

K. Rajendra Prakash (Advocate)     09 November 2009

If the wife has no sufficient means to maintain her self, she entitled to claim maintenance.

It depends on the facts and circumstnaces.

K. Rajendra Prakash (Advocate)     12 November 2009

Section 125 Cr.P.C. is available even to discarded divorced wife.

SANJEEV KUMAR (STUDENT)     12 November 2009

Vikas ji

In one case about 4 years back in Delhi the wife was told to give maintenance to husband who was unemployed. Pls go through Delhi HC Website surely you will get this judgemnt

sanjeev 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register