LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravindra (Analyst)     14 November 2011

Maintanance query

My wife has claimed tht she has left my house on 30.4.11 due to dowry harrasment by me. But actually she left house on Mar 18 for holi and after told me tht her mother is ill and no one is there to take care her. So i said OK. My MIL is government employee. Now I have My MIL's attendence sheet that she was absent from 18 Mar to 18 Apr in her office.

She has filed maintance for Rs 20000 on me. My Question is can i wait and let her make false statement in court and then i can file perjury against her mother or can i show that attendance sheet in court directly. Reply plz thanks

ravindra sonavane

Learning

7 Replies

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     14 November 2011

Her allegations & statements would already have been mentioned in her maintenance petition .....

ajay sethi (lawyer)     14 November 2011

in your reply to maintenance petition you cna state that petitioner has deliberately surpressed facts . you can mention that she has falselty stated that she left house on 30th april instead of 18th march . as is evident from her leave from office .

instead of perjury concentrate on maintenance case . the fact that she is working , well qualifed etc and so not entiled to maintenance

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 November 2011

HOw can your MIL absence be a relevant fact in your wife leaving your home.

The facts of the case has to be countered on merits only.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

ravindra (Analyst)     14 November 2011

Hi Shonee

As my wife has told me tht her mother is ill and there is no one to take care of her. and after 1 month when i told her to come back and join me she refused then i said tht i will not come again and call again. when ever u want to come u can come. and after that she has filed 498a this is the story

thanks

ravindra sonavane

Norbu Lama (Finance Officer)     16 November 2011

Many relevent fact are missing such as your in-law's place of residence, the distance in between your wif'e's office, your residence and the place where your mother in law resides; MIL's financial status and presence of children ,if any, to be cared for. What is the justification of Rs.20000/- demanded as maintenance.Its a long battle and only your lawyer can give you proper advice on the basis of ground fact.

ravindra (Analyst)     16 November 2011

Hi Norbu Lama,

MY MIL is govt employee and they have two houses (one in Panvel and One in Dharavi) my Brother in law have also good job and My wife lives there like monarch. We dont have child. Just 3 month old marraige.

Now how to deal with this issue Please advice

Thanks

Ravindra Sonavane

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 November 2011

Your wife told you this. - What proof do you have?

Your MIL was not well even though on leave - What proofs you have?

Do you think, she is going to accet all this.

Concentrate on the real issues at hand, rather than trying to build non-existant defences.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register