Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divorceeeee (none)     18 April 2012

Maintainence confusion


My condition: I am living alone seperated from my parents (my parents legally threw me from their property) in a rented house, paying 4000 rent. I am just 12th pass.  My salary is 10,000 rs. I do not save any money due to high living cost and expenditure on basic amenities.

HER condition: she have 5 lacs gold jewel, streedhan with her. She has a girl child. 6 months old. She is educated from uttar pradesh -  s.y.b.a student.

Now, how can i tell the court not to ask for maintainence for HER and child as I dont earn much.

How will the court see this scenario?

What if i refuse to pay maintainence as i am not able to earn and save money?


(No Emotional answers please)


 3 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     18 April 2012

look firstof all its your resposnibility to nurture your family i mean as

per law you will have to pay maintenance for your wife and your child.

disclose your actuals to the court then plead accordingly but court will definately order some maintenance for further info contact your local lawyer in the matter 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 April 2012

Maintenance can not be denied on these grounds alone.


The maintenance granted would be in accordance to your earnings.





Shonee Kapoor


maintenance willbe countonyour earning basic only.

Prove your side with all facts & documentry evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads