LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     31 July 2013

Maintainence.

I am 40 years old,earn 40 thousand a month,wife earns also forty thousand a month.My children daughter aged 11 and son aged 5 years live with her in hyderabad and i am in mumbai.What would be  a decent maintainence i should be sending to my children per month voluntarily.Please advice with a figure.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 July 2013

8k - 10k for both as per my opinion as your wife is also earning equally.

Mam,appreciate your response.Would it be, say if i share the equal burden and pay four to five thousand per month or are you referring to me paying eight to ten thousand by myself?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 July 2013

When everything is on voluntary basis, then instead of going for ready made statistics it will be better and more sensible if you consider the approximate monthly expenditure of both the children and arrive at a rough figure and start sending half of the amount as maintainance for your children. The rest of the half will be taken care by your wife.

I have filed for custody of my children and from the three years that they are not with me till now i have managed to send then approximately four thousand as an average per month till now for the past three years.They will with her in my father in law's owned home and go to a decent school in hyderabad.And she works for microsoft in hyderabad doing about 40 thousand a month.Have a paid enough and is it sufficient even in the eyes of the court for a city like hyderabad?

chiranjib mukherjee (advocate)     31 July 2013

I do agree with Adv. Archana

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 July 2013

Dear Rajiv

they are your children you can give them money as per your wish as you are saying voluntorely 

i don't think that you need any advise on this point send the money if you want to send them 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register