Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (service)     11 October 2023

Maintainance of working wife

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please advice on this below case.

Husband : Earns 1.2L INR per month,  Degree : B.tech engineering

Wife : earns 40K INR per month, invests money in Mutual fund everymonth, have own flat. Degree B.tech Engineering.

background : Wife filed 498A again husband and his family. No Kids. Currently chargesheet yet to submit.

My family does not want to take her back anymore, our advocate suggest to give one time settlement and start a new life. Advocate called them for mutual divorce and settlement. But they said they are planning for file maintenance case soon. 

Document : I have her online ITR copy and E-bank statement.

Query :

1) Please suggest if she eligible for maintenance ?

2) What is the approximate amount maintenance will be granted to her as I saw some judgement that working women are also entitle for maintenance.

Learning

1 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     11 October 2023

Query : 1) Please suggest if she eligible for maintenance?

Answer: She is not entitled for maintenance as she is working women and she is not dependant on others and she can maintain herself. Remove her salary statement through RTI from her office (if she is working in government job/semi government job) where she works so that you can prove it in court.

2) What is the approximate amount maintenance will be granted to her as I saw some judgement that working women are also entitle for maintenance.  

Answer: She can get maximum 3,500/- to 5000/- as monthly maintenance if ordered by court or depends upon your standard of living

Keep this online ITR copy and E-bank statement as evidence to show in court in evidence/trial stage

Dont fear about 498a cases as maojrity of cases are false. Fight your 498a case on merit dont go for settlement and dont give divorce. Let her beg to you for divorce. If she files divorce case then dont give her divorce and try to delay the matter. 

Tell me details of your case no.? your name? which court your case is pending? which district? which state? you can check online your case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register