LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pariksheet (HR Associate)     12 July 2012

Maintainance filed by wife


I got married last year in November month and got separated only after 1 month of marriage.

Now my wife has filed for a maintainace case against me.

How much is the maximum amount i have to give monthly? would court decide that or we mutually have to agree upon any amount?

Also do i have to attend any court dates personally for this?

Please advice.

Thanks, Parik


 4 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     12 July 2012

It depends upon facts of the case, her income , your income,

Manoj Choudhary (Advocate)     12 July 2012

First of all, is there any case pending against you by your wife?? full details are required to reply to your query..

contact for free advice--9310155557

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     12 July 2012

1. You can appear through an attorney in this matter unless the court calls you for your evidence or for any other good reason.

2. The quantum of maintenance depends on the comparitive earnings/dependancies/conduct of the parties, and a lot many other factors. The information provided is insufficient pariksheet ji.

ravindra (Analyst)     12 July 2012

If she has applied for Interim maintance then find out where she is currently working and if your wife working then court will reject. For permanant maintanance she has to prove first the harrasment made by u.


ravindra sonavane

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register