LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim Of Law (home)     07 December 2012

Maintainance case status unknown

I Filled Divorce case in chennai and my wife filled MC in 2010. But both of us not appearing  and both of us dont know the date. when the divorce case judge asked us we said we dont know. I checked sharari section and every where but no clues. I tried in chennai family court site but no luck...

What possible thing shd have happened?

Learning

6 Replies

**Victim** (job)     07 December 2012

As of right now your case is in "Undated" mode. There is certain limited period under which case has to be decided but as long as litigation is on-going it is considered "live". If u know the case number u can send a friend to check on ur behalf. You can check this information with court clerk.

P.S. This does not mean that your case has been thrown into trash and ur wife might have to file a new case. If she wishes then she can always initiate legal proceeding on the same case number. However lawyers do not like case going in "Undated" mode there might be certain reason why this happened ?

Victim Of Law (home)     07 December 2012

I went along with my advocate and we checked throuh all means including court clerl but no luck. We are doing this for past two months:(..  I know the case number, year and my last attended date of hearing still not possible to find.

I started this search after my ex said she is going to file transfer case ( divorce) to mumbai from chennai. I wanted to prove judge MC case is still pending..How can she appeal to transfer divorce alone?

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     07 December 2012

If time allows, put RTI...........The PIO will take pains to dig it out

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     07 December 2012

Dear Querist

Contact alawyer in your area, lawyer can help you only in this regards

Victim Of Law (home)     08 December 2012

I will put an RTI, let see wat happens next..

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 December 2012

wait and watch

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register