LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wifebetrayed (service)     27 June 2011

Mahila court

what is mahila court and under wht act it function. how is it different from family court what are its power

Learning

4 Replies

Legal_Help (Consultant)     27 June 2011

Whats the matter?

My ex wife has filed lot of cases against me, so I may be able to auggest you better.

wifebetrayed (service)     27 June 2011

facing two case of now.

divorce case in family court, based on curelty, dowry harassment, etc

498a case in district cout based on 498a rule, plus 406, for alleged possession of jewlery which i dont have. On Ab, no chargesheet filed yet.

got next hearing for divorce proceeding in jan... Wife wanted to shift proceeding to newly open mahil court. near her place, I am already staying at place which 2000 km away from court, she has to travel 70 km only.

I want to know what is mahilla court and under what act it function, it is police , court or what.

can they summon notice or they can request similar to CAW.what advantage she get in mahila court.

Legal_Help (Consultant)     27 June 2011

Being a mahila, she will definitely get sympathy.

U try to oppose the transfer.. But one more thing... Things can settle faster in Mahila court and that too in her favour.. They will try to reach a compromise situation.. If both of you want divorce then let it go to Mahila court and settle the matter there else oppsose the transfer as Mahila court will favour her.

pratik (self working)     27 June 2011

need to know about the mahila court heard it first time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register