LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     11 December 2009

Mahatma Gandhiji is being killed every second in his own cou

Mahatma Gandhiji is being killed every second in his own country.

Yesterday on 10/12/2009 Thursday around 9:20 PM, I was watching SAHARA SAMAY (Bihar) TV News Chanel. There is a govt. school named after Mahatma Gandhi “Shri Gandhi High School (Shri Gandhi Rajkeeya Uchcha Vidyalaya),  Parihar, District-Sitamarhi, Bihar”. Photo of Mahatma Gandhi is printed on the identity card issued to the students since past several years.  Recently in the same school two types of identity card is being issued to the students. One is with photo of Mahatma Gandhi is printed on the identity card for the Hindu/Non Muslim students and another without photo of Mahatma Gandhi is printed on the identity card to the Muslim students. When correspondent asked about this to the head of the school, the reply was shocking. As per his reply the parents of Muslim students does not like the photo of Mahatma Gandhi is printed on the identity card, Muslims have lodged a strong protest and have threatened us of dire consequences (have threatened to kill), if it will not get removed, due to fear we have removed the photo of Mahatma Gandhi is printed on the identity card.  The plea of Muslims is that they do not want that the students belong to their community hang identity card bearing photo of Mahatma Gandhi I a Hindu around their neck.

This is also important that the Sitamarhi district is adjacent to Famous Champaran district of Bihar from where Mahatma Gandhi had started his “Satyagrah Movement” first time in life.

Champaran and Kheda

Gandhi's first major achievements came in 1918 with the Champaran agitation and Kheda Satyagraha, although in the latter it was indigo and other cash crops instead of the food crops necessary for their survival. Suppressed by the militias of the landlords (mostly British), they were given measly compensation, leaving them mired in extreme poverty. The villages were kept extremely dirty and unhygienic; and alcoholism, untouchability and purdah were rampant. Now in the throes of a devastating famine, the British levied a tax which they insisted on increasing. The situation was desperate. In Kheda in Gujarat, the problem was the same. Gandhi established an ashram there, organizing scores of his veteran supporters and fresh volunteers from the region. He organized a detailed study and survey of the villages, accounting for the atrocities and terrible episodes of suffering, including the general state of degenerate living. Building on the confidence of villagers, he began leading the clean-up of villages, building of schools and hospitals and encouraging the village leadership to undo and condemn many social evils, as accounted above.

But his main impact came when he was arrested by police on the charge of creating unrest and was ordered to leave the province. Hundreds of thousands of people protested and rallied outside the jail, police stations and courts demanding his release, which the court reluctantly granted. Gandhi led organized protests and strikes against the landlords who, with the guidance of the British government, signed an agreement granting the poor farmers of the region more compensation and control over farming, and cancellation of revenue hikes and its collection until the famine ended. It was during this agitation, that Gandhi was addressed by the people as Bapu (Father) and Mahatma (Great Soul). In Kheda, Sardar Patel represented the farmers in negotiations with the British, who suspended revenue collection and released all the prisoners. As a result, Gandhi's fame spread all over the nation. He is also now called as "Father of the nation" in Indian.

Learning

25 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 December 2009

Are identity cards issued in India on the basis of the person after whom school is named? Almost every school/college is named after so-called leaders or social worker. So, ID cards should be issued carrying their photos? Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader called father of the nation etc. etc. Then why not all the ID CARDS in India issued carrying his photo?

I do not support the reason of Muslims for the objection. But I certainly oppose this drama of photos of personalities printed on ID card whoever he might be. I have seen ID cards carrying photographs of their institutions not the personalities.

(Guest)

Why School Management is allowing such type of musleem students in their school. Restrict admission to only Hindu students. If any one asks the student of that school is he going to tell either Govt.Mahtma Gandhi School or Jinnah school? If Musleem students want to study let them study in Madrasa. It is crime denouncing the image of Father of Nation. If one religion likes or dislikes Mahatma Gandhi is Father of Indian Nation.  

With fundamendalists education system may collapse. They can not dictate Government. Why Musleems are keeping indian currency with them. on each and every note Mahatma's image is there.

Why Indian Musleems are being indiscrminated for visting HAJ? These Musleems require Haj permit but Arabs don't require any such type of permit. Here only one can see indiscrimination between them. They speak in india only in the Gulf they shut their mouths they don't speak any thing about Islam with Arabs.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     12 December 2009

Gnsdhi has been killed by those who proclaim themselves as followers of him. He is being killed every moment by the same ideology which makes accusations to the Nationalists organzations every moment.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     12 December 2009

Mahatma Gandhi ji is murdered daily by his followers and they are accusing it on the Nationalist organizaions.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 December 2009

How wrong was Gandhi?

His views on Pakistan

The demand for Pakistan] as put forth by the Moslem League is un-Islamic and I have not hesitated to call it sinful. Islam stands for unity and the brotherhood of mankind, not for disrupting the oneness of the human family. Therefore, those who want to divide India into possibly warring groups are enemies alike of India and Islam. They may cut me into pieces but they cannot make me subscribe to something which I consider to be wrong [...] we must not cease to aspire, in spite of [the] wild talk, to befriend all Moslems and hold them fast as prisoners of our love.

His views on Israel

Several letters have been received by me asking me to declare my views about the Arab-Jew question in Palestine and persecution of the Jews in Germany. It is not without hesitation that I venture to offer my views on this very difficult question. My sympathies are all with the Jews. I have known them intimately in South Africa. Some of them became life-long companions. Through these friends I came to learn much of their age-long persecution. They have been the untouchables of Christianity [...] But my sympathy does not blind me to the requirements of justice. The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood? Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct.

Both Pakistan and Israel exist

And Nehru said:

"Friends and comrades, the light has gone out of our lives, and there is darkness everywhere, and I do not quite know what to tell you or how to say it. Our beloved leader, Bapu as we called him, the father of the nation, is no more. Perhaps I am wrong to say that; nevertheless, we will not see him again, as we have seen him for these many years, we will not run to him for advice or seek solace from him, and that is a terrible blow, not only for me, but for millions and millions in this country."

Light which light? Ask Congressmen.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     18 December 2009

Such things can only happen in India. The  natiion is facing  great challenges. Unless the school authorities take a bold decision on such matter, it would be difficult for them to continue the school.  Sure it will grow further.  It seems School authorities are  interested in getting admissions and money. Nobody  bothers about the outcome  from wrong decisions.Today  Gandhi's photo  tomorrow will be his teachings.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     18 December 2009

School authorities? Who? All schools and institutions of higher studies are run by political leaders where capitation fee running into lacs of rupees is openly demanded and given. In Maharashtra, there were 145 engineering colleges. Each one of them was the personal fiefdom of Ministers and MLAs. Medical colleges no different.

Sugar from 15 to 40, tea from 100 to 200, pulses from 30 to 100, edible oil cost doubled and in some cases tripled and what did or do we do? Quietly we cut down on our expenses to arrange two square meals for our family. 

Similarly, we pay the price of freedom to leaders.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     18 December 2009

The school belongs to govt. of Bihar. This is a pure govt. school. The head of the school is living under fear. When asked from higher govt. authority, they said that "We are unaware of the fact we will look into the matter"

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 December 2009

Not only the principal, the so called "higher authorities" including the "highest authority" are scared.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     19 December 2009

It is true.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 December 2009

Pamper the vote bank and pay the price.

(Guest)
Hate Mahatma Gandhi is the main aim of huge number of Minorities in India.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     19 December 2009

Every political parties are appeasing muslims. This has made them the most spoiled/lawless lot. And this country is paying for it. In India Minority means Muslims. Any sect which crosses 5 crores should ceased to be minority. God knows till when they will minoritry, whether ever they will grow up or not.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     22 January 2010

This is highly deplorable. Please take this to the attention of the highest authorities. Every citizen of India (class or religion apart) will adore Mahatma Gandhi as the Greatest Soul in the earth and it is fortunate if true that such mis-deeds are encouraged and supported!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register