LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay Naykodi   10 May 2021

Maharashtra Rent Control Act Sec 7 (14₩

please explain the "plus 5% of the rent" in the definition of Standard Rent.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 May 2021

Originally posted by : Akshay Naykodi
please explain the "plus 5% of the rent" in the definition of Standard Rent.

Read State (Maharashtra) Rent Control Act.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for professional guidance and necessary proceeding. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     11 May 2021

You can get definition from the bare act of the same

Akshay Naykodi   11 May 2021

I wanted to know how does tha plus 5% of the rent is added in standard rent.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 May 2021

What are the facts? What is the context?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2021

The referred provisions of law pertains to where the premises were not let on the 1st day of October 1987, the rent at which they were last let before that day, plus  an increase of 5 per cent, in the rent of the premises let before the 1st day of October, 1987.

i.e. "standard rent', in relation to any premises means,-, the definition of the same is given belwo:

where the standard rent is fixed by the Court or, as the case may be, the Controller under the Bombay Rent Restriction Act, 1939, or the Bombay Rents, Hotel Rates and Lodging House Rates (Control) Act, 1944 or the Bombay Rents, Hotel and Lodging House Rates Control Act, 1947, or the Central Provinces and Berar Letting of Houses and Rent Control Order, 1949 issued under the Central Provinces and Berar Regulation of Letting of Accommodation Act, 1946, or the Hyderabad Houses (Rent, Eviction and Lease) Control Act, 1954, such rent plus an increase of 5 per cent, in the rent so fixed; or

Section 7 (14) 8) "permitted increase" means an increase in rent permitted under the provisions of this Act;

You may revert with a proper query in this regard so tht a proper  opinion can be rendered. 

Akshay Naykodi   15 May 2021

Yes, sir my question is that why does this 5% increase of rent is given while setting standard rent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register