LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devrishi Vijan (--)     07 April 2012

Maharashtra rent control act related

I am a Tenant of MCGM. My father had given a part of the property to X against a monthly rent. My father and X never had any tenancy agreement and no rent receipt was issued by my father. X died and his son Y took over as tenant under my father as a landlord. After my father died, I took over the Tenancy and business. Y continued to remain and pay me rent for a few years. No rent receipt or Tenancy Deed till date exists. One day I asked Y to vacate the premises as he had done illegal construction on the premises and the M.C.G.M. authorities unofficially asked me to demolish the same.

Y then filed a suit before Small Causes Court claiming to be a Tenant and having paid rent sice his father's time. He has prayed for declaration as a tenant and injunct me from disturbing his business.

Court Commissioner has inspected the site and confirmed his possession.

Y is unable to produce any Tenancy Deed and Rent receipt as the same does not exist.

As I have no proper contract with M.C.G.M, unser section 26 of Maharashtra Rent Control Act I cannot sublet the premises.

I have denied in the court that Y is my Tenant and have said that he was allowed to service my customers and earn his living from the tip he receives.

What relief can I seek in the matter? 

Kindly help me in the matter.

Learning

2 Replies

SANTOSHSINGH. (ADVOCATE sardarsena@gmail.com)     22 June 2012

what is the stage now in the court.

Devrishi Vijan (--)     22 June 2012

Thnx for showing interest in my matter.

Y has already filed an affidavit to lead his evidence and his cross examination is pending for the next date.

Awaiting your reply at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register