LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaidyanathan (Advocate)     08 September 2015

Maharashtra co-op. hsg. soc

Dear Sir,

I need following clarification on transfer of flat under Maharashtra Co-op. Hsg. Soc. Act

1.  A flat existing in 2 joint names.  The second holder of flat dies without filing nomination.  The first holder writes for deletion of the seond holder name from share certificate and wants to add mother and brother as joint holders of the flat along with the first holder.  How do I proceed and what forms/declaation/affidavits etc. that  I need to take from the first holder.



V. Vaidyanathan


 2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     08 September 2015

you have to ask for copy of the death certificate of the joint holder, take undertaking cum indemnity bond and an affidavit from the first holder so as to safe guard the society and committe members. Further public notice in two newspaper can be asked for to invite any objections, if any.



Adv. Rohit Dalmia



Vaidyanathan (Advocate)     09 September 2015

Thanks Adv. Rohit Dalmia for your prompt reply.  In case the first membes want add another person as joint holder then an associate membeship form also need to be taken.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register