maharashtra apartment ownership act 1970

How can we remove the property from Apartment Ownership Act and then form a co-operative housing society. Any amendment done in this law recently ? Please guide.

The issue involves substantial interest of large number of persons and hence require professional consultation.



Apartment Ownership Act and Cooperative Societies Act are two different acts, which have separate jurisdiction and applicability.

What is the type of association/ Society and why do you intend to move out ? Vague and misconceived query.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and proceeding if necessary.


@Dr Vashista / Mr. P Venu.. Builder had committed us that he will form housing society. Later on unilaterally he registered Deed of Declaration and after misguiding few members he registered their Deed of Apartment, means he formed apartment of condominium. our 90% flat owners (Around 350 flat owners) are fighting to form Housing Society and not apartment of condominium. Both the laws are different but housing society is beneficial for flat owners and this is easy to handle maintenance and operations. Please suggest how we could go to form housing society.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x