25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayshree (HR Executive)     27 October 2012

Mahada property

We staying in Mumbai (Maharashtra) in a society for last 40 years and the

Home was in my Dads name (Documents we have is Govt Photo Pass for the rent which we paying, Electricity Bill, Bank Pass Book, Ration Card, Pan Card and Property Document).


In the years 1995 we purchase one more house in the name of my mom.

(Documents we had Electricity Bill, Property Document, Pan Card, Phone Bill, Bank Passbook Etc.).


As everyone is aware that government is demolishing the entire house due to the Road survey and they shifting all of us to MAHADA Society.


Problem we face now:


As we have two homes one is in my Dads Name & the other is in my Moms name, at the time of survey we submitted all the relevant documents to get two flat in MAHADA. Problem happen is government allotted only one flat which in mahada which was in my MOMs name.


Government (MAHADA) put house of my dad’s name in “APATRA” (Not Authorized to get because either husband or wife can get). We have photo pass that saying we paying rent to government and staying since last 40 years.


We need to know what legal action we can take to get the Flat. Now even my dad passed away so would like to know what the possibility to transfer the property in sons name please help on this thanks. Please please request you all to update and help me to take necessary steps or what legal procedures i can use to get mahada flat. This is totally unfair that we had two house and only one MAHADA gave us.


 4 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     27 October 2012

can you give some more details on the said flat . How your father got  current staus of that house .



Jayshree (HR Executive)     27 October 2012

Dear Nikhil,

My dad purchase it 40 years back i have not much idea about it now my father passed away.

Current status is on rent.

As we got notice from MAHADA that this house is APATRA (Reason Husban or Wife any one person can get)

My question is my mom got the home which is in her name that was purchase in 1990's

But we didnt get the one where we staying for last 40 years which was in my dads name we have all the document proof as i mention above.

We tried but officers is saying wife got so husband will not get.

I need to know is it possible to get or whats the procedure to transfer in my name (son).

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     27 October 2012

dear jayshree ,

As you have proof thats in your name  when mhada came to know about 2 house of yours and tell me when your mother got in her name and when mhada people came to know about it, when they took away from you father 's home .





Jayshree (HR Executive)     27 October 2012

Dear Nikhil,

Yes i do have proof in my name but need to know can i use it now is it possible to get flat?

My mom got 8 years back and at the same time other room got Apatra which was in my dads name. After that we we tried to follow up with officials but no use only answer in wife got so will not allot to husband.

We really dont know when they come to know but i guess neighbours would have complaint that we have two house.

Two years back they given the notice that you already got the room to demolish fathers home but still my fathers home is there but dont know how to claim please advise.

What can we do how to move ahead what legal actions can we take.

Any chances to get the flat as my dad passed away can i transfer it and use my proof (son).

Please advise how much percent is in my favor to get the home thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query