Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpit   27 July 2023

Made 2 stamp duty challan mtr form 6. can extra one be used by other party in another deal with edit

I paid the stamp duty (CHALLAN MTR Form Number-6) 2 times (2 successful transactions).  

Now My Broker and lawyer is suggesting that thay can get the extra challan used for another resale flat deal with some edits and I can go ahead with one remaining.  Is it legal ? or

I should go for refund of stamp for unregistered doc as per process. (Seems lengthy as refund takes months I guess). 

Please advise.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 July 2023

The query relates to procedure. Only a local lawyer or the authorities concerned would be in a position to assist you.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 July 2023

You can use one challan now.  The other challan in whose name is paid shall be used by him only within a year, otherwise, you shall apply for a refund during this financial year.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 July 2023

If you want refund for the unused challan then you may have to comply with process of law even if it may take  time to get that, but if you hesitate to take any legal action then you will remain stranded without any benefit

Arpit   28 July 2023

Sent you an email request. Please get in touch.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 July 2023

I cleared all your doubts over the phone. Still Why?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register