What is MACT ?
Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal MACT deals with matters related to compensation of motor accidents victims or their next of kin .The Tribunal deal with claims relating to loss of life/property and injury cases resulting from Motor Accidents.
MACT Courts are presided over by Judicial Officers from the State Higher Judicial Service. Now these Courts are under direct supervision of the Hon’ble High Court of the respective state
Who can report to MACT in case of accident ?
Victim himself or through Advocate,in the case of personal injury. Through advocate in case of minor applicant below the age of 18 years. Legal heirs themselves or through advocate in the case of death.The owner of the vehicle in the case of property damage.
What all documents should accompany the petition ?
1. Copy of the FIR registered in connection with said accident, if any.
2. Copy of the MLC/Post Mortem Report/Death Report as the case may be.
3. The documents of the identity of the claimants and of the deceased in a death case.
4. Original bills of expenses incurred on the treatment alongwith treatment record.
5. Documents of the educational qualifications of the deceased, if any.
6. Disability Certificate, if already obtained, in an injury case.
7. The proof of income of the deceased/injured.
8. Documents about the age of the victim.
9. The cover note of the third party insurance policy, if any.10.An affidavit detailing the relationship of the claimants with the deceased