LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

brami (Software Engineer)     20 November 2013

Love problem

I have girl friend , her age is 18 years(completed)...and my age is 28. I love her since 2 years. Recently I told my love matter to his father. There is lot of age gap between us. But we love each other very much.

Can he take any legal actions on me?

Learning

4 Replies

varun (CIVIL & CRIMINAL LAWYER)     20 November 2013

Well in this case, yes he can lodge criminal complaint against you in police, that you have seduce his daughter to marry  with wrong intention etc..and if your girlfriend support's her father's statement in any situation, then you will have to face 10 year imprisonment with fine. 

brami (Software Engineer)     20 November 2013

Actually I dont have any wrong intention. And I want to marry her with my parents permission. My parents also talked with her sister, but she did not accepted my parents request. So we decided to ask her father's permission. My parents also like her very much.

How to face the situation...pls advice.

varun (CIVIL & CRIMINAL LAWYER)     20 November 2013

Mr. brami, the thing is caste, religion, and status matter in our country rather than age. So my advice will to send some mediator to her father to know his mood & reaction regarding your age and you, and then you go thereafter tell all the facts and feelings and  because he is a father every father will see financial security first for his daughter, what  sister says is of no value-nothing  when you are right on ur path. Thirdly you have to have a strong commitment from the girl in any worst situation comes in your way she will be there for you (legally). Being an Advocate i will advice you to do Registered  Court Marriage to remain safe in all legal aspect for life.

brami (Software Engineer)     21 November 2013

Thank u very much sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register