LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akarsh (underwriter)     25 November 2013

Love marriage age

Dear Sir/Madam,

i am doing good job im stay in dubai alone wihtout my family frm i love one girl my family knows her very well they are ready to do my marriage with her...but the girl cant speak to her parents abt me bcz if she will say anythng they will take her to other place and they will do her my age is 20completed its 21 running...whether im aligible for marriage or not?and the girl completd 20age....already my brthr did love marriage so we faced lot of problms bcz we were afraid of police the wer harrasing us includng my i dont want to give any burden to my parents..the case should be only abt me n what should i do plz tell me?just suggest me... earn good 30,000/ a big jewellery is declared as MNC


 9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 November 2013

In India female must have minimum age 18 and male must be age minimum age 21

Shyam Agrawal (Lawyer)     25 November 2013

You must complete 21 years before marriage. 

The Bride's age is okay.  But make sure you have adequate documentary evidence in your hand about her correct age.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     25 November 2013

The age for marry in India boy should be 21 years completed and the girl should also completed 18 yearsof age.

akarsh (underwriter)     25 November 2013

Dear sir,

thanks for your valuable response....just suggest me now what can i do?if i completed the required age so can i do court marriage...and what to do for my parents protection bcz my in laws will harrass my plz let me know how to take police protection....police will help me or not?

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     25 November 2013

You need to wait until you, the male complete 21 years of age in order to get married. So please wait.


If your girlfriend is in so much urgency, then ask her to marry someone else. Later on when you turn 21 you can marry someone else.  No point in asking what can be done for marrying when you have not attained the required age limit for marrying.


Further, you have not even turned 21 and you are in a hurry to marry, I just hope this is not a trap.  My opinion would  be, 3 years difference should be there between boy and a girl, if you are 21, girl should be `18 and so forth.  Medically too it is not a good idea to marry a girl who is elder to you.  It is not just about tying the knot, once you tie the knot, it is very very difficult to untie it.  So think and move ahead.

Vivek (na)     26 November 2013

I would suggest you to wait more.  Marriage is a big decision, first you need to settle properly and make property.  30,000 is nothing.

akarsh (underwriter)     27 November 2013

Mr.Helping Hand i just ask you the suggestion...and i asked you how to take police protection k...why you're saying that if the girl friend is in urgency so tell her to marry some1 else..if she was doing like that so i was not posting on this site better suggest don't hurt anyone ...

akarsh (underwriter)     27 November 2013

kindly see the reply of  shri ram chary sir,shri laxmi kant sir,mr.vivek,mrs pooja,they all replied according to my post and asking only.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query