LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balakrishna Devarakonda   23 April 2022

Loud speakers by street vendors

Good morning sir/madam...

I stay in a residential area where street vendors nearly 20 per day comes with auto trolley equipped with loud speakers, it is like daily practice since 1 year.... I have requested them not to create nuisance with ur loud speakers, play ur verbal adds with low volume.... but it is not working ,they r using high volumes which disturbs peace of mind... is there any solution for this...plz guide me

thank you


 6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 April 2022


You can approach local police station and try to lodge  complaint for nusiance. 

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     23 April 2022

Dear Mr Balakrishna, 

Follow this process:-

1. As advised by Sh Pawar, file a written complaint to police. 

2. I am sure police will not do anything. Then file can application to SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate) requesting order for ending public nuisance. ALthough this should solve your problem, but if the SDM also does not entertain your complaint then apprach the Dstrict Magistrate. Make the 2 complaints to police and SDM annexures in your Complaint to DM. 


Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh


Discliamer:- Opinion is only for guidance. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 April 2022

The use of loudspeakers is not permitted between 10 pm and 6 am, except in closed premises like auditoriums for communication within. State governments can allow exceptions and permit the use of loudspeakers from 10 pm to 12 midnight for a maximum of 15 days in the year.Noise pollution is considered to be any unwanted or disturbing sound that affects the health and well-being of humans and other organisms.You can give complaint to the police for volume reduction in their equipment.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 April 2022

This is a difficult problem to solve. You can act as advised by Adv. Shubham Bharadwaj. But the nuisance will only temporarily stop. After sometime it will start again.

Balakrishna Devarakonda   23 April 2022

thank you so much for ur guidance sir/madam

P Goverdhan Reddy (Lawyer)     28 April 2022

best advice is that, all colonymates take decessiona and place a board in colony, displaying that not to use speakers. or use speakers with low volume. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query