Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin (NA)     23 June 2013

Lost sale deed

Dear All,

I had taken a housing loan from a nationalized bank but while closing the account, bank informed that they have misplaced last page of original sale deed. This page had signature of all parties involved i.e.seller, buyer and witness.

What is the impact of this on my claim as owner of this property? Also suggest what steps should I be taking to legally secure my property?

Thanks.

Amrita

Learning

7 Replies

Lata Lochav (professional)     23 June 2013

get a submission letter from the bank for the misplace of that very page in their custody, and apply for a true copy of the same inthe concerned registrar office, and get that, asap.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 June 2013

You will get the certified copy of the same.  It is also valid document.  The bank's act shows their negligence for which you can claim damages.

1 Like

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     23 June 2013

Agree with rajeev apply for certified copy of sale deed in the office of registar
1 Like

thinagar (M.D)     23 June 2013

s offcourse u had already registered a memorandam of deposit of tittle deeds. since it is last page it is not a matter. u can take a certified copy from registrar office.

Thanks Rajeev. Pls elaborate your point on claiming damage. How to go about doing that and of what order?

Regds.,

Amrita

Lata, I was told by another bank to file a police FIR and publish lost of sale deed page in national newspaper. Is this required given this is only 1 page?

Thanks and Regds.,

Amrita

Lata Lochav (professional)     24 June 2013

If bank applies for the true certified copy then the bank needs to give the reason with fee also the FIR regardign the lost page. And if you apply, you just need to apply without giving reason and without fee, as you are owner, and the cost of releasing the document will be told you in course. 

option is before you- claiming the damage for loss of the page of the deed from the bank or do that by yourself.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register