Upgrad LLM

lost birth certificate - jharkhand


I would like to know how to go about getting a copy of a birth certificate from Jharkhand. 

My wife was born in 1968 in Musabani which is now in Jharkhand (formerly Bihar) and has lost her birth certificate. We reside in Bengaluru now and am not sure about the process. Would sincerely appreciate any help. 

thanks in advance  

Retired employee.

If you have a copy of such BC or it was available with any public authority (which was submitted to them for verification or some other work), you can file RTI Application and can seek such information.  You can also request anyone from that place of Registrar of Births and Deaths and can obtain such copy.  Most of the states uploaded this information in their websites and anyone can verify the record and can get such certified copy from approved State Government centers.  This is not a problem and you can get the same by providing such reference maximum within a week.




You may apply for a duplicate copy, it could be that records are no longer available.




Thank you Sir



Thanks for your help Sir





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x