LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.S. Bhatti (Manager)     22 September 2014

Looking for divorce...need help

Hello experts, My query is regarding seeking divorce from my wife. I am married to a muslim girl under muslim marriage act. I never converted in Islam but for the wedding purpose my inlaws suggested me to change my name to be written on marriage certificate. As my educational certificates and passport has my original name. I requested for two marriage certificates one with the changed name and another one with my original name. all other details on both the marriage certificates are same except my name. It has been three and a half years now since I got married. Now things are getting unfavourable and worse day by day due to my wife's behaviour and unnecessary damands and also unsatisfied s*xual life. After having a discussion with her, both of us decided to get divorce by mutual understanding. I am also ready to pay the amount of 'Mehar' which I agreed at the time of marriage. My query is, as I got married under muslim marriage law, can we divorce in front of the muslim priest and two witnesses by saying "Talaq" three times. Or we need to appear in front of the family court for seeking divorce. If the above said method of divorce is ok, what kind of divorce certificate or deed I need to take from the priest, like any talaqnama or divorce deed etc. Seeking your advice and guidance. Thanks and regards. A.S.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register