Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kirankumar (Part time Employee/ student of BL)     04 April 2009

Looking For Advice

I applied for Personal Loan in ICICI bank in the monthe of Sep 2008

and the Personal Loan was approved and i got a call From ICICI Lombard insurance They said there is a Policy on Personal Loan ( in case of medical illnes or loss of Job  then ICICI Lombard will pay the EMI for 3 months (premium 3k).

The Amount was debited to my Citi bank account on 13th sep 2008 by ICIC bank by debiting the Insurance Amount and other charges form the ICICI bank.

And after some days i received the Policy Copy  Stating that Policy start date was 22nd Sep 2008 and the Policy will apply  after 90 days from the start date of premium.

As of now the insurance policy will start  from the date of  the Check given to the Company.

when i gone to the ICIC bank they Provided me the Bank statement  in that  they had paid the Amount  to me on 17/09/2008 (but i recived the amount on 13/09/2008  to Citibank account)  and they paid the 3k to ICICI Lombard on 17/09/2008

But my Policy was started on 22nd sep 2008

But  unfortunately i lost the job on Dec 19 2008

now they were saying that u r not elegible for the policy

Learning

10 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     04 April 2009

Mr Kiran

The Policy is commenced wef 22-9-2008- you lost the  job on 19-12-2008 

you can  file  case before the Consumer Forum

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     04 April 2009

Repudiation of your claim is not correct.  You file a complaint before the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum to redress your legitimate grievance.

Mrs. Hetal Sunil Shah (Advocate)     04 April 2009

Mr. Piravi is right - pl file your complaint with District Consumer Redressal Forum

ashok kumar (advocate)     04 April 2009

in respect of your claim for insurance is concerned your goodness dhould write to irda as well . however you are fully eligible to file a complaint before forum

Ashok kumar dwivedy

advocate

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 April 2009

u can file consumer complaint for deficiency of service

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 April 2009

Dont allow the company to blow hot and cold. Followed the instructions given by the learned members.

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.NO.09325226691, 09271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail. nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING YOUR INSURANCE POLICY KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1.DATE OF PAYMENT BY YOU IS 17 /09/08

2.THE DATE OF INSURANCE COVER SHOULD START ON THE SAME DATE.

3.BUT DATE OF INSURANCE GIVEN IS 22/09/09 IT IS NOT YOUR MISTAKE.

4.YOU LOST JOB ON 19/12/2008 

5.HENCE IT IS CLEAR THAT DUE TO THE MISTAKE  OF THE INSURANCE CO

YOUR CLAIM THEY HAVE REJECTED.

6.KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU ENCLOSE ALL PAYMENT PROOFS AND COPIES OF INSURANCE POLICY AND OTHER RELEVENT DOCUMENTS AND COPIES OF LETTERS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS RECEIVED FOR LETTERS AND APPLICATIONS  SENT BY YOU  TO INSURANCE CO. AND ALSO FILE THEIR REPLY.

7KINDLY NOTE  THAT YOU CAN FILE A CONSUMER COMPLAINT TO CONSUMER COURT  MENTIONING ALL FACTS .YOU PREFERABLY FILE CONSUMER COMPLAINT THROUGH A LAWYER AS THE INSURANCE CO ARE HAVING SENIOR LAWYERS   TO DEFEND THEIR CASES.

8 YOU WILL SUCCEED AND CAN GET COMPENSATION , COST FOR DEFICIENCY IN SERVICE AND ALSO YOU CAN GET THE CLAIM OF INSURANCE POLICY AMT.

9.IN CASE YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP KINDLY SENT DETAILS.

WITH BEST REGARDS

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B. SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

Shailesh (BANKER)     05 April 2009

I have filed the WP 121 / 2009 in Mumbai High Court to challange the Double Proimotion by Central Bank of India which is contrary to their own promotion policy for officers and also in violation of govt of India Ministry of finance circular dated 22.02.2005 where in the out of turn promotion clearly banned. The Said WP was disnissed on 03.04.2009. I seek an advice on shall I proceed for Review / Appeal of the order dated 03.04.2009 and or fresh WP.

Please advice and oblige me.

For your extended cooperation I will be ever greatful to you.

Thanks and Kind regards

SHAILESH G

MOB 9821284116

ashok kumar (advocate)     05 April 2009

friend

review is maintainable if any apparent mistake is on record.

if strong ground is then u proceed for review otherwise go ahead for appeal or SLP .BCOZ usually review gets rejection .

subbu (CS)     17 April 2009

i wish u were made available the policy documents, intimating the terms and conditions. pleaswe read the same, in case the policy condition stipulates that any initial exclusions, then u might not have any remedy under the Insurance Act. if the policy does not have any exclusion period, u can approach IRDA or even the Insurance Ombudsmen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register